Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Weekend

Dear Rishi,
It's so hard to not be around you. Today, images of you at the hospital bed and the last moments of when we let you go kept coming up in my mind. It's not that I don't want to remember those moments, they will always be a reminder to me to not have taken you and not to take anything for granted.

I want to remember you as the giggling child when Mama tickled you.

How I miss you. It's still so surreal. How do other parents do it. Part of reading parents who have survived ten, twenty, thirty years gives me some strength. Yet, at the same time it makes me so sad and anguished that it will take me that long to find out what happens to life after death.

Some say, you will come back. Your grandmother believes that when life has such an unexpected tragic accident, the soul comes back to that family. In a way I want to believe that. I want you to come back to me.

Please come back to me.

I love you so much.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment